Service Engineer – Lincoln
- Contract Permanent
- Department Aftersales
- Closing Date 07/05/2023
We Are Recruiting
Are you looking for a career – not just a job?
We are currently recruiting for the following position:
JCB Service Engineer
The ideal candidate will have experience servicing plant equipment within industrial and/or construction applications, and possess a full clean driving licence. A good working knowledge of hydraulics, engines, electrics and fault diagnosis are essential, with main dealer experience a distinct advantage.
In return, we offer excellent working conditions, and a good remuneration package together with training and development.
Based at our Lincoln Depot
Lincoln is a cathedral city in the county of Lincolnshire. The city of Lincoln has an extensive history, dating back as far as the Iron Age. The TCH Harrison JCB Lincoln depot is located close to the A57/A46 running into the city centre and is situated ideally to serve the Lincolnshire area for any JCB needs.
Main Purpose Of Job
- To diagnose faults, repair and test equipment. Record work done and report any faults not corrected
- A degree of flexibility is required towards working hours, as there is a requirement to work outside of normal working hours.
Individual Key Objectives
- Receive electronic (written and verbal) instructions in the form of a handheld PDA, in the event of breakdown
- Undertake comprehensive risk assessments and ensure safe working practices are in place, whilst undertaking work.
- To diagnose faults and report to Supervisor/ Manager for instructions as to whether to proceed with repair
- Ensure that all work is completed within specified time frames
- Maintain acceptable levels of quality
- Identify and then liaise with Supervisor/ Manager where extra work is found to be necessary
- Ensure that full authority is obtained before undertaking any extra work
- Ensure that safety standards are maintained
- Ensure all due care is given to the customer’s property
- Ensure all due care is given to TCH company property
- To obtain the necessary parts from stores
- To effect repair and testing in a timely manner
- To accurately complete and sign off on all job cards (electronic or written), give a full description of the work carried out
- Maintain acceptable standards of discipline
- Advise supervisor when completion times cannot be met
- Where necessary, discuss vehicle concerns direct with customer
- Achieving minimum standards (set by Manager/Supervisor) of customer satisfaction
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call John Leslie on 0114 2329803 for an Application Form.